Sunday, February 19, 2012

Personal Billboard

Many people utilize personal billboards in a way that is obvious and clear-making sure that the "audience," or public, is correctly receiving the message. This message varies from a wide variety of things such as, a stance on a particular subject or issue, a sports team that one adores, hometown pride, or simply just a reflection of a personality/taste in clothing. Regardless the message, personal billboards are used and observed everyday. Personal billboards are an effective and quick way of expressing many aspects of who you are. Personally, I enjoy being able to figure a little something out about a person by simply examining their choices of clothing, pins, bumper stickers, etc. It's a way for me to get to know them, not on a deep level, but enough to get the gist for their values and passions. Although I am a fan of playing the "audience," so to speak, I do not express myself, my values, or passions quite in this way. 



I feel I give away glimpses of who I am by little things such as, (during spring and summer months) wearing flowers in my hair as a sign of my love for nature and the outdoors, or wearing brightly colored shirts and nail polish as a symbol of happiness and joy. 




In addition to my little outward garments that may or may not send obvious implications about me as a person, I do display two permanent messages on my back and my foot: my tattoos. Both my tattoos are visible and available to the public to read and this may serve as their foothold into who I am as an individual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment